The (Egg)celerator Lab is focused on identifying and supporting nonfiction directors working on their first or second feature-length documentary. This program brings together ten projects, with a special focus on self-identifying women and gender non-conforming directors. In this year-long program, these ten projects will receive:
- $30,000–$40,000 in grant funding for the production of their feature-length film*;
- Monthly mentorship with members of Chicken & Egg Pictures’ senior creative team;
- Two to three creative retreats focused on career building and creative development*;
- Industry meetings and funder connections; and
- Peer support from the (Egg)celerator Lab cohort.
The deadline to apply for the 2021 (Egg)celerator Lab is Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 3:00 pm EDT. Factors like grant amount and number of retreats for the 2021 (Egg)celerator Lab will be flexible to a range of options, due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We know many in the documentary community have been deeply affected by the circumstances surrounding COVID-19. Chicken & Egg Pictures, along with all our friends and colleagues at other filmmaker support organizations, are hard at work to find innovative ways to respond to our new reality. While the 2021 (Egg)celerator Lab will undoubtedly look different from programs held before this crisis, we are committed to continuing our support of emerging voices in documentary film. The filmmakers we support are at the center of every decision we make and we at Chicken & Egg Pictures will evolve and adapt to meet their changing needs.
You can read more about how we are responding to the COVID-19 crisis as an organization here.by