Will I have to pay taxes on this grant?

Yes. All grants above $500 are taxable and must be declared as income. We considered granting $500 for that reason but we preferred to try and give more even though you will be taxed. If granted, you will have to submit a W-9 or W-8BEN form. Women Make Movies will send you 1099s if you are required to pay US taxes. 

Leave a comment

Yay! You've decided to leave a comment. That's fantastic! Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name, or else it will be deleted. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation instead. Thanks for dropping by!